[vc_row][vc_column][dfd_tta_tour style=”style-9″ active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”About us” tab_id=”1502616232566-a8967dbb-e337″ add_icon=”true”][vc_column_text]
GETTING TO KNOW US
Mango continuously strives to make air travel more affordable, more convenient and most importantly enjoyable for our Guests.
Mango first launched end October 2006 with our first flight taking to the skies on 15 November 2006.
Our launch marked one of the largest e-commerce events at the time with more than 10 000 flight requests clocked per minute during the first two days following its launch.
Benchmarked against international best practice in the low cost carrier sectors, we have operated with the best on-time performance in South African skies for the past 6 years and continue to have the lowest cost base domestically – allowing for continued affordable fares. We operate a fleet of new generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft with a seating capacity of 186. Our aircraft are maintained by South African Airways Techinical.
We’re known as South Africa’s most innovative airline. We are the only African airline to offer on-board Wi-Fi, we’re the first carrier to retail flights through grocer Shoprite Checkers, the first to offer booking and payment facilities via our mobile app and we remain the only airline in the world to accept store charge cards (Edgars/Jet) as payment online and through our call centre.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mango is the only airline globally to accept store charge cards in lieu of booking payment
- Mango Juice, our in-flight magazine, is the most awarded domestic read in South African skies
- All Mango’s airport operations have received ACSA Feather Awards for service excellence over the past few years
- Mango received an international Budgie Award in 2007 for its marketing
- We were named African Low Cost Carrier of the Year in 2008
- Sunday Times Generation Next Survey named Mango Coolest Low Cost Airline several times
- We’ve held pole position in the Sunday Times Top Brands Survey four years in a row from 2009 to 2012
- Mango leads its aviation peers across most social media platforms
For more info: click here
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Baggage ” tab_id=”1502616232694-42d3b12e-b2c0″ add_icon=”true”][vc_column_text]
Packing for any trip is in itself an adventure. Whether you spend days choosing what you need, or throw it together twenty minutes before you’re expected to leave for the airport, there are a few things that each Mango Guest needs to know.
HINTS & TIPS
Always check that any baggage removed off the baggage collection conveyor belt is in fact your own before exiting the airport. This will ensure that your adventures can begin sooner rather than later.
- Attach a card containing your name, telephone number and physical address to the bag
- Place a colourful marker to better ensure that your baggage is not mistaken by another Guest as their own
- Lock your bag or use a cable tie to seal it (this assists in preventing theft)
- Place all valuables in your carry-on luggage.
Baggage in excess of the checked baggage allowance will be charged at the current rate per kg each way. No single piece of luggage exceeding 32 kg will be accepted for carriage.
Carry-on baggage is subject to the following restrictions:
- May not exceed 115 cm (56 cm + 36 cm + 23 cm)
- May not exceed one bag at 7 kg
- In addition to carry-on baggage, you may carry on board a handbag and overcoat. Guests with infants seated on their laps may also carry a small bag catering for the in-flight needs of the infant, e.g., feeding bottles, nappies and medication
- The following items may not be included in a Guest’s carry-on baggage: toy guns, cutlery, knives, scissors, syringes, blades, nail clippers or other sharp objects that appears to be or could be used as weapons.
Please note: Failure to adhere to the Mango carry-on baggage restrictions is in violation of CAT-OPS-121 Civil Aviation regulation.
For more info: Click here
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Check-In” tab_id=”1502617643354-67b1ae75-46ea” add_icon=”true” i_icon_dfd_icons=””][vc_column_text]
CHECK-IN AND SECURITY
Airports are generally filled with many people rushing to check in for their flight, and this can make locating our check-in counters seem quite difficult. When you’re running late or a little lost, finding your way through the crowds can be stressful. Always look out for our orange signposted Mango check-in counters which can be found in the Domestic Departures Terminal.
CHECK-IN AND GUEST INFORMATION
Mango Guests can check in via the check-in counters, Mango’s mobi-app or our online check-in.
The check-in counters can be found in the Domestic Departure Terminal. The recommended check-in time is two (2) hours prior to departure. Check-in closes 40 minutes prior to departure. Guests who arrive after this time will need to make alternative travel arrangements.
The Self-Service check-in counters open 12 hours before departure and close 40 minutes before the scheduled time of departure. Guests can also check in for their flights using online or mobi check-in which opens 24 hours before departure and closes two (2) hours before the scheduled time of departure.
- The boarding gate closes 30 minutes prior to departure
- Bookings made within 24 hours of departure will not be able to make use of mobi check-in
- Mobi check-in is not available for flights departing from George and Bloemfontein, and departing to and from Zanzibar. Guests are, however, encouraged to use the Mango check-in counters at these airports.
For more info click here