[vc_row][vc_column][dfd_tta_tour active_section=”1″ controls_size=”sm” alignment=”left” font_size=”14″ tab_background=”#d6d6d6″ show_separator_line=”on” separator_color=”#dbdbdb” active_tab_background=”#1bb3f5″ tutorials=””][vc_tta_section title=”About us” tab_id=”1502982173244-0de8de9f-bf5f” add_icon=”true” i_icon_dfd_icons=”dfd-socicon-information-button”][vc_column_text item_animation=”transition.slideUpBigIn”]Ethiopian Airlines (Ethiopian) is the flag carrier of Ethiopia. During the past seventy plus years, Ethiopian has become one of the continent’s leading carriers, unrivalled in Africa for efficiency and operational success, turning profits for almost all the years of its existence.
Operating at the forefront of technology, the airline has also become one of Ethiopia’s major industries and a veritable institution in Africa. It commands a lion’s share of the pan African network including the daily and double daily east-west flight across the continent. Ethiopian currently serves 100 international and 21 domestic destinations operating the newest and youngest fleet.
To become the most competitive and leading aviation group in Africa by providing safe, market driven and customer focused passenger and cargo transport, aviation training, flight catering, MRO and ground services by 2025.
- To become the leading Aviation group in Africa by providing safe and reliable passenger and cargo air transport, Aviation Training, Flight Catering, MRO and Ground Services whose quality and price “value proposition” is always better than its competitors,
- To ensure being an airline of choice to its customers, employer of choice to its employees and an investment of choice to its Owner,
- To contribute positively to socio economic development of Ethiopia in particular and the countries to which it operates in general by undertaking its corporate social responsibilities and providing vital global air connectivity,
- As an airline, safety is our first priority,
- Ethiopian is a high performance and learning organization with continuous improvements, innovation and knowledge-sharing. We accept change for the growth opportunity it brings and always seek for and apply the best ideas regardless of their source,
- We recognize and reward employees for their performance and demonstrate integrity, respect to others, candor and team work,
- Act in an open fashion and be result-oriented, creative and innovative,
- Adopt Zero tolerance to indifference, inefficiency and bureaucracy,
- Encourage 360° free flow and sharing of information,
- Treat our customers the same way we would like to be treated and always look for ways to make it easier for customers to do business with us,
- We are an equal opportunity employer
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Baggage ” tab_id=”1502982173496-27ce81d7-8448″ add_icon=”true” i_icon_dfd_icons=”dfd-socicon-bag”][vc_column_text item_animation=”transition.slideUpBigIn”]The price of a ticket includes the transportation of a certain amount of baggage in the cargo hold of the aircraft. This allowance differs depending on the booking class and the destination.
Free baggage allowance on all other international routes and within Ethiopia
On Ethiopian free baggage allowance is set by the weight or piece concept whichever is applicable to the sector.
|Checked Baggage Allowance|
(Including Off lines)
Between Africa and ASIA
Between Asia and All other stations including Offlines
Between Africa and Europe including TLV
Between America/Canada and All other Stations
Between DXB and All other Stations
Between CAI and All Other Stations
2 pieces, 32 kg each
3 pieces 23 kg each
|2 pieces, 23 kg each|
|Between Brazil and All other stations||2 pieces, 32 kg each|
|Between Middle East and all other Stations Except DXB, CAI, America and Brazil||
2 pieces, 32 kg each
3 pieces 23 kg each
|All travels within Ethiopia (DOMESTIC)||30 kg||20 kg|
|All 5th Freedom Stations||Will Take the Originating Stations Allowance|
|Domestic-In conjunction With International Tickets||Will take the International Allowance|
Note: The maximum sum of the three dimensions (length + width + height) of each bag shall not exceed 158 cms (62 inches).
Local restrictions on baggage weight
Please note that the maximum weight limit per single baggage is 32 kg for business class and 23 kg for economy class on all flights across the Atlantic (outbound and return, as well as transfers). Baggage exceeding this weight limit will not be accepted for check- in.
This regulation does not change the maximum weight limit for the free baggage allowance.
Baggage Allowance & Fees for flight to/from the US and Canada
For Ethiopian-ticketed passengers on Ethiopian-operated flights (ET) the first and second checked bag in Cloud Nine and Economy is free. For ShebaMiles Gold, ShebaMiles Silver and Star Gold passengers, the first checked bag above the complimentary (free) checked bag allowance shown above is also free of charge.(for Shebamiles Gold 32 kg (70 lbs) with maximum dimension (L+W+H)158 cm (62 inches). each regardless of the class of service they travel; for Star Alliance Gold members 01 piece weight limited to the class of service used with size of 32 kg (70 lbs) with maximum dimension (L+W+H)158 cm (62 inches). and for Shebamiles Silver 23 kg (50 lbs) with maximum dimension (L+W+H)158 cm (62 inches). each regardless of the class of service they travel(For Shebamiles Silver Applicable only on Ethiopian Airlines flights and to flights operated by Ethiopian Airlines).
In Cloud Nine and Economy, including ShebaMiles Gold, ShebaMiles Silver and Star Gold passengers, the fee for any additional checked bags beyond the complementary specified above is $160/bag each way between the USA/Canada and Addis Ababa, between Middle east and Asia and USA/Canada $250/bag each way and for all other points the fee is USD200.00/bag each way. Please review Ethiopian Carry-On for Carry-on bag size and weight information clicking the link below:
Additional baggage fees may apply in the event of a stopover on an international itinerary.