[vc_row][vc_column][dfd_tta_tour style=”style-9″ active_section=”1″ tutorials=””][vc_tta_section title=”About us” tab_id=”1504940880091-3dbd7bd6-cc41″ add_icon=”true” i_icon_dfd_icons=””][vc_column_text]Asiana Airlines Inc. (Hangul: 아시아나항공; RR: Asiana Hanggong KRX: 020560; formerly Seoul Airlines) is one of South Korea‘s two major airlines, along with Korean Air. Asiana has its headquarters in Asiana Town building in Seoul. The airline has its domestic hub at Gimpo International Airport and its international hub at Incheon International Airport(70 kilometres (43 mi) from central Seoul).
As a member of Star Alliance, it operates 14 domestic and 90 international passenger routes, and 27 cargo routes throughout Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania. As of December 2014, the company employs 10,183 people. The majority of Asiana’s pilots, ground staff, and flight attendants are based in Seoul. Asiana Airlines is the largest shareholder in Air Busan, a low-cost regional carrier joint venture with Busan Metropolitan City. The airline also holds 100% share of Air Seoul, a subsidiary and its own low-cost carrier. Asiana is also currently an official sponsor of the South Korea national football team and The Presidents Cup 2015.
Click here for more information[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Baggage Allowance” tab_id=”1504940880179-62709cbc-75a2″ add_icon=”true” i_icon_dfd_icons=””][vc_column_text]
Essential baggage-related information is provided here to help you have a convenient trip.
- Terms Related to Baggage
- The baggage refers to your belongings and articles you are carrying or checking in during trips.
- The checked baggage refers to the baggage a passenger checks at the operator, for which a baggage tag is issued.
- The carry-on baggage refers to the baggage you are carrying in to the flights and you are responsible for the storage and maintenance of.
- Please note the following before packing your baggage.
- 1. For overseas trips, please prepare a bag that is easy to use.
- 2. Place a name tag with your English name on it on the outer side of the bag, and fill in and place the name tag provided by Asiana Airlines inside the bag.
- 3. Prepare a bag with the size and the weight designated by the airline, and pack articles inside the bag in a way that prevents damages.
- 4. Some articles are prohibited to carry or check, and some articles are prohibited to transport by passenger airplane. Please check the list of prohibited articles.
- Items not allowed for carry-on baggage:
- Liquid or gel in a container that exceeds 100ml (3.4 ounce)
- Sharp articles or articles with a long rod-like shape
- Articles that exceed the size of carry-on baggage (sum of length, width and height: 115cm/45in or less, weight: 10kg/22lbs or less)
- Items not allowed for checked-in baggage:
- Fragile or perishable articles
- Small musical instruments not stored in hard cases
- High-value electronic devices like laptops, cell phones and cameras and data storage devices
- Valuable goods including cash, jewelry, securities, contracts, documents including papers, passports, ID cards, keys, prototypes (samples) and antiques
- How to read a baggage tag
- Please check the final destination and the code number of the baggage if you get the baggage tag. Please keep the baggage tag until you claim the baggage.
- When you claim your baggage, check the tag on your baggage and the number of your baggage tag to make sure that you are getting the right baggage.
- Name of Passenger
- Reservation Number
- Number of Baggage / Weight
- Airport Code of Destination
- Flight Name / Date
- Airport Code of Transfer
- Flight Name / Date
- Baggage Number